Any article – or part of it – published by Roberto Crivello can be reproduced provided his name and the source of the article (that is, this website) are mentioned.
This is the presentation I gave at the ATA 53rd Annual Conference – San Diego, October 27th 2012. You can download it as PDF:
The Technical Translator’s Dictionary (in Italian):
This is a work in progress. It is a collection of difficult words that appear often in technical documents. However, these words do not have an instant translation, are usually translated incorrectly or upon further examination give insight into linguistic/translation issues.
For any feedback or request for further information on this topic please write me, in English or Italian, at email@example.com
Training modules on technical translation into Italian:
I am the author of two training modules on technical translation into Italian, written for ICoN (Italian Culture on the Net) Group. In partnership with three Italian universities, ICoN offers a Master in Translation modeled after the European Master’s in Translation. Among university professors specialized in translation and world-class professional translators, IcoN decided that I was the person most suited to write about the various aspects of technical translation into Italian.
Articles on translations:
A series of articles I have written on terminology and style issues in technical translations, published in the ATA Chronicle, the magazine of the American Translators Associations (ATA).
- Influences of English in Technical Translation into Italian (Originally in Italian: Influssi dell’inglese nella traduzione tecnica)
- Common Words in Technical Language: hot (Originally in Italian: Parole comuni nel linguaggio tecnico: hot)
- Concision in Technical Translations from English into Italian
- Avoiding False Friends in Technical Translations into Italian
- Style in Italian Technical Translations
- A Matter of Style: Effective Writing in Italian Technical Translations
- Beyond The Dictionary – An Italian Perspective on Technical Translations
Column about translation:
For two years Roberto has written (in Italian) a column on translation for the web site of SIS (Servizio d’italiano scritto), a nonprofit association for the advancement of business writing in Italian established by the University of Venice.
Tradurre is the newsletter of the Italian Language Division (ILD) of the ATA. From 2000 through 2006 I was its editor. In addition to editing each issue, I contributed the following articles:
For information on back issues or joining the ILD, go to my ILD page.
I contributed to an Italian trade magazine with the following technical article.
- Nuovi orizzonti per i display a cristalli liquidi (in Elettronica industriale, N. 6, giugno 2001, published by tecniche nuove S.p.A.)
Don’t take chances for your next translation project. Tap the full range of capabilities that will assure you of the best possible results: native-fluency, solid technical background in both English and Italian, utmost attention to accuracy and consistency of terminology, and solid writing skills.
For a free, no-obligation cost estimate, contact:
Roberto Crivello, E.E., M.E., Freelancer
dba Italian Technical Translations
High-tech, Industrial, and Technical Marketing Translations into Italian
Certified Member of ATA, E -> I
IEEE Member, STC Senior Member
Copyright © 1998 – 2017, Roberto Crivello. All rights reserved.